Table of Contents
1. 2015 WHMIS / GHS Overview
2. 2015 WHMIS Classification
3. 2015 WHMIS Labels
4. 2015 WHMIS / GHS SDS (Safety Data Sheet)
2015 WHMIS / GHS SDS (Safety Data Sheet)
5. 2015 WHMIS / GHS Summary & Quiz
2015 WHMIS / GHS - IMPLEMENTATION, SUMMARY & QUIZ
Supplier Label above is 1988 WHMIS (NOT VALID AFTER DECEMBER 1, 2018)
Supplier Label on right is 2015 WHMIS / GHS
Note there is no longer a "hatched" border. If you see a label with the "hatched" border - it is likely the information on it may not be current. CHECK IT OUT FURTHER AND ASK YOUR SUPERVISOR!
No IMPLEMENTATION Changes from the new and old systems
Successful WHMIS Implementation requires co-operation and input from the EMPLOYEE & EMPLOYER
The following steps are involved
- Assign responsibility for program implementation.
- Set up an inventory to determine all hazardous products in the workplace.
- Ensure all labelling and SDS requirements are fulfilled.
- Establish workplace controls.
- Establish emergency procedures.
- Provide worker education (this course) and training (at your workplace)
- Review and upgrade your program when required.
REMEMBER There are two parts to the WHMIS program.
1. Classroom or Theory Part - EDUCATION (this online course is an example)
2. On the work-site training - IMPLEMENTATION Training which your boss, supervisor or designated person, MUST deliver to you prior to working on the job.
A few of the Key Issues at your workplace are;what "controlled" products might you be working with?where is the safety equipment kept?what are the company emergency procedures?where is the SDS information kept in your workplace?
The primary VISUAL changes to the WHMIS 2015, Supplier Label are; No hatched border, red border on round Hazard Pictograms within the label(True or False)
Go To WHMIS Quiz